· Use a broad spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with at least SPF 15 (SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB radiation, SPF 30 blocks 97%)
· Apply sunscreen 15-30 mins prior to sun exposure and re-apply every 2 hours (or sooner if swimming or sweating)
· Be liberal with application – most people only apply half the recommended and miss key areas like the ears, back of hands, top of feet, etc.
· Don’t forget your lips! Choose a lip balm with SPF 30 or higher
· Babies less than 6 months should be kept out of the sun
· Limit your time in direct sunlight between 10am-2pm